d-i ramblings

Rambling debian-installer ideas:

1. I'm thinking that it would be nice to have an 'Execute a shell' main-menu
entry.  I haven't actually tried to make it, but it seems to me that the current
main-menu structure won't allow that.

Sure, people will have a shell on tty2, but I'd probably installed 10 Debian
systems before I noticed that there was anything on ttyN where N>1.  I always
used the 'execute a shell', it is nice to have.

2. I'd like the ability to have online help.   Maybe debconf can provide that
through a bunch of 'notes', but that feels cludgy.  It might be cool to use lynx
or something and html.  Though we run into the same problem (I think) of debconf
getting in the way.

3. If we want to give them a game to play while downloading or similar, we'd
want to allow the game to provide its own ui.

One solution may be to have a different type of installer-menu items, or perhaps
to pass some flags in the installer-menu-item field, like 'nodebconf'.  When
they are selected main-menu just calls
system("/var/lib/dpkg/info/package.postinst").

David