Re: d-i ramblings

David Whedon wrote:
> 1. I'm thinking that it would be nice to have an 'Execute a shell' main-menu
> entry.  I haven't actually tried to make it, but it seems to me that the current
> main-menu structure won't allow that.

You can actually escape outside debconf by redirecting stdin and stdout
to /dev/tty. It's a hack, but it works.

> 2. I'd like the ability to have online help.   Maybe debconf can provide that
> through a bunch of 'notes', but that feels cludgy.  It might be cool to use lynx
> or something and html.  Though we run into the same problem (I think) of debconf
> getting in the way.

Not sure how this would work but it would be nice. It would be pretty
damned nice if a copy of the installation manual (updated for d-i of
course) was available right during the install, especially if you could
jump to the part describing the stage you were at in the install.

--
see shy jo