Re: whiptail/dialog/modconf in bterm break on latin1 chars

Eduard Bloch <edi@gmx.de> writes:

> but it fails to run within the installation environment. I guess,
> something is going wrong because of the library reduction, so the
> libnewt is a faulty mix of utf8 and non-utf8 aware routinges.

> Another idea is the localisation. May the thing depend on locales in
> some way?

Does make check succeed on your machine?

It will be checking your environment/libs/locale and I've been fixing
it for i18n.  There's no system dependancies that we know of that are
not in make check.

> > I thought we ran modconf with i18n turned off (ie locale set to "C") to
> > avoid this kind of problem.  Where are these Latin1 strings coming from?
>
> Currently not. But it will be needed again if the whiptail problem is
> not fixed soon.

No, current we do do so, see baseconfig.c line 545.