Re: aptitude rather than dselect for Woody, Please?

Oh wow. Aptitude supports (new-style) tasks. This is a killer feature.
We could actually maybe get by with dropping both tasksel and dselect
out of base-config and just use aptitude. OTOH, it's probably too close
to freeze to do that, and some people still like dselect, and tasksel is
still easier than aptitude, probably.

So, if aptitude can get put into the base debootstrap installs, I am
dying to change base-config around to use it. The change I have in mind
will have to wait until it's in base though, it would be a real pain to
make base-config only offer to run it if it's installed..

--
see shy jo