Re: aptitude rather than dselect for Woody, Please?

Karl M. Hegbloom wrote:
>  Has it been discussed already?  I'd really love to see aptitude
>  rather than dselect in Woody!  It's working really well these days;
>  has not segv'd in several months.  dselect has finally been outdone!

Does it handle installs from multi-cd sets correctly? I have thought
about offering console-apt/deity as an option, but was told it still had
problems in that area.

I'd love to offer an option, but it needs to be mature and more
user-friendly than dselect. And we're mere days away from freezing base.

--
see shy jo