Re: more on LC

Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Philip Blundell <philb@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > The problem with the "Choose The Language" menu spilling over to the right of
> > the screen turns out to be a newt bug; I filed #119354.  Looks like we should
> > be getting close to a point where it is safe to switch i18n on by default.
>
> Um, I still have a problem where the compact image (at least) doesn't
> fit for LC.  Someone mentioned I might be missing a PIC library for
> something, but if that is so, why did 'make check' complete ok?
>
> This needs to be resolved before we go mainstream -- not good for me
> to not be able to build images with it.

Wouldn't it be feasable to turn it on on default and see how far it will
work.  We can still turn it off again before woody freezes.  I remember
that this is the same with --force-overwrite and dpkg, which is turned
off during unstable and freeze, but turned on when Debian is released so
people aren't bothered but developers are hammered with error messages,
forcing them to fix their cra^Wpackages.

Regards,

	Joey

--
It's time to close the windows.