Re: Problems installing Potato over the network via proxy

S.Salman Ahmed <ssahmed@pathcom.com> writes:

> yup, it handled userid:passwd@proxy.host.com perfectly. It would help a
> lot if the info/message panel indicated that "http://"; is automatically
> filled-in by the installer script(s).

> I recall having lots of problems with the potato b-f when I was trying
> to enter in the full Proxy URL ie "http://userid:passwd@proxy.host.com";
> and the installer kept failing with messages indicating anything but
> the erroneous and duplicate "http://";.
>
> IIRC, the Apt config screens in the second stage install do put the
> "http://"; string in the dialog box indicating that only the rest of the
> URL has to be filled out.

This confuses me.  What exact point do you say it is adding http:// to
the front but not indicated that in the dialog box? Are you talking
about the dialog that shows up just after you do "Install Base" -->
"network" ?

If so, could you file a bug for this so we remember to fix it?