Re: I'm in a loop

> Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 11:06:05AM +0800 wrote:
> > > After making choices (series of questions), I'm told that I've reached
the
> > > moment of truth.  Excited, I follow the instruction to reboot and find
> > myself
> > > back at the welcome screen which leads nowhere except through the same
> > > questions.  What am I doing wrong, or not doing right?  Your help is
> > > appreciated.
> > > cicvet@aol.com
> >
> > this mail was in the debian-users list.
> >
> > it was the same problem i faced. i had written earlier about this and
many
> > of you kindly replied. however, it ended there with no conclusions.
>
> Actually aph made the following change in response to the problem we
> discussed:

http://cvs.debian.org/boot-floppies/utilities/dbootstrap/reboot_system.c.dif
f?r1=1.20&r2=1.21&diff_format=h

> Thanks for following up on this.  We decided not to have two different
> messages, but have attempted to make a one-size fits all message.  If
> the change at the above URL doesn't fix the issue in your eyes please
> file a bug against boot-floppies, that is the only way we can be sure
> the problem will be fixed.
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

hi david:

i clicked on the link above.
here's what i think. the message is very long. it needs to be trimmed and
edited from an effectiveness point of view.

my experience in editing tells me that sentences need to be short while
conveying meaning as intended.

the part that threw caution, doubt, uncertainty in me was: "Please take
care of all that..."  IMHO, reconstructing that sentence will make the
message more effective.

i'm too new to debian and am a linux newbie. i don't know how to file a bug.
in any case is this considered a bug?
if you need my help in combining the 2 cases and coming out with appropriate
wording, i'll work on that and post it to the group.
please let me know if you need my help in proposing a new message string.

sincerely,
ram
linux newbie