Re: I'm in a loop

Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 11:06:05AM +0800 wrote:
> > After making choices (series of questions), I'm told that I've reached the
> > moment of truth.  Excited, I follow the instruction to reboot and find
> myself
> > back at the welcome screen which leads nowhere except through the same
> > questions.  What am I doing wrong, or not doing right?  Your help is
> > appreciated.
> > cicvet@aol.com
>
> this mail was in the debian-users list.
>
> it was the same problem i faced. i had written earlier about this and many
> of you kindly replied. however, it ended there with no conclusions.

Actually aph made the following change in response to the problem we
discussed:

http://cvs.debian.org/boot-floppies/utilities/dbootstrap/reboot_system.c.diff?r1=1.20&r2=1.21&diff_format=h

Thanks for following up on this.  We decided not to have two different
messages, but have attempted to make a one-size fits all message.  If
the change at the above URL doesn't fix the issue in your eyes please
file a bug against boot-floppies, that is the only way we can be sure
the problem will be fixed.

Thanks,

David