Re: boot-floppies 3.0.15

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 05:43:14PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> It's not a question of what version of the package is *installed*.
> It's a question of what version of the package is downloaded from the
> archive and built with.  It will use the latest from unstable by
> default, but not all arches have new debootstrap ported yet.

Hrm.

If you change the rootdisk.sh to something like:

	PACKAGE_PATHS=$(grab_paths $(sed -e 's/ .*//' $extract_list))

	cat $extract_list | while read a b; do
		[ "$b" != "" ] || continue
		for c in $PACKAGE_PATHS; do
			d=${c##*/}
			if [ "${d%%_*}" = "$a" ]; then
				v=${d#*_}
				v=${v%%_*}
				if dpkg --compare-versions "$v" lt "$b"; then
					echo "Bad version of $a ($v << $b)"
					exit 1
				fi
				echo "$a $b $v okay"
			fi
		done
	done)

and then make the EXTRACT_ALL files and stuff look like:

	debootstrap 0.1.15.5

where the version is optional, and is the minimum acceptable version, things
should work out okay.

Cheers,
aj

 "Security here. Yes, maam. Yes. Groucho glasses. Yes, we're on it.
   C'mon, guys. Somebody gave an aardvark a nose-cut: somebody who
    can't deal with deconstructionist humor. Code Blue."
		-- Mike Hoye,
		      see http://azure.humbug.org.au/~aj/armadillos.txt