Re: Problems with building the Alpha-bootdisks

On Tue, Jul 24, 2001 at 03:55:04AM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> i never had any trouble with this, i used a woody chroot which is
> quite normal it has sysvinit and regular e2fsprogs (not -bf)
> installed.  apt seems to have no trouble with this inside of
> boot-floppies build.
>
> are you sure your not trying to build on potato? or a very outdated
> testing/unstable?

Yes, I'm running an up-to-date testing. The version of the system
building the boot-floppies has no influence on the problem, because
the apt-process showing the error uses his own
boot-floppies/sources.list. Additionally, the problem only happens if
you start with an empty download-directory, because rootdisk.sh only
tells apt to download the packages not yet downloaded. This also means
that I could fix the problem by downloading the packages manually, but
where is the point having the download-stuff if it does not work
without manual interaction?

CU
  Thimo

--