Re: Problems with building the Alpha-bootdisks

Thimo Neubauer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build the Alpha-bootdisks, because up to now I haven't
> heard of anyone doing this and I want the release to happen ;-)
> Anyway, I'm getting an error when rootdisk.sh tries to download the
> needed packages. After setting the debug-variable I found an
> apt-error: (I wrapped the apt-commandline)
>
> -- snip --

> Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
>   sysvinit: Depends: e2fsprogs (>= 1.15-1) but it is not going to be
>   installed
> E: Sorry, broken packages
> -- snip --
>
> Note that I already added sysvinit to the list of needed packages,
> because before I got the error that modutils needs sysvinit... Maybe
> this is the error? But if it is, the problem somehow stays the
> same...
>
> I could of course download the packages manually but do not know if
> this will make things even worse... Remember that this is the first
> time I try to build the boot-disks :)

>From a first glance it looks like a dependency problem:

sysvinit: Depends e2fsprogs (>= 1.15-1)
e2fsprogs: version 1.22-1 is available, but:
e2fsprogs-bf version 1.22-1 will be installed, so the dependency is
not fulfilled.

I guess that sysvinit should have a dependency like

e2fsprogs (>= 1.15-1) | e2fsprogs-bf (>= 1.15-1)

Regards,

	Joey

--
In the beginning was the word, and the word was content-type: text/plain