Re: New cvs snapshot of woody boot-floppies (supports basedebs.tgz)

On Mon, Jul 16, 2001 at 09:51:26AM -0500, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> Sometimes somebody has to explain this "directory" thingy to me. No matter
> what I enter there, it doesn't like it. I have a directory named Debian-2.3
> on an affs partition. I tried /instmnt/Debian-2.3, /Debian-2.3 and various
> combinations, it doesn't find it. Maybe its an affs weirdo. The "search"
> method however works fine.

nobody ever seems able to make this dumb choose_medium dialog work
right, i don't know why i have such good luck with it.

> Irritating is, it says searching for Release when in fact its searching for
> basedebs.tgz. It finds it but then says there was a problem unpacking the

its actually looking for both, if Release is not found it will
fallback to looking for basedebs.tgz.  (at least that is the intention
whether that is really happening is possibly debatable).

> tarball (the acutal error message is overwriten by that window, console-3
> only tells me there as a problem, like in the error window). Checking the

odd the output of tar should have been sent to syslog since its run in
execlog().  more likely it was a kernel message.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/