Re: reiserfs (was Re: merge-floppy help request)

"John H. Robinson, IV" <jhriv@ucsd.edu> writes:

> On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 01:52:34PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > Does anyone know of any issues which would block our providing a
> > "resierfs" version?
>
> 1) reiserfs flavored kernel
> or
> 2) reiserfs patched kernel somehwere.
>
> if we used 2.4.x kernels which have the reiserfs ``patches'' already
> integrated, this would negate both of those.

> in the current CVS for woody, there is support for reiserfs. however,
> the resierfs eabled code looks to see if flavor=reiserfs is passes as a
> boot argument. this can be readily changed, if we somehow make another
> flavor with reiserfs patches already integrated.

Well, boot-floppies can't support it until you've fixed the above
problem, namely, getting a reiserfs kernel in debian.  Debian does
include 2.4.x series kernels, so that might be a possible solution
(assuming it fits in the allotted space).

It comes down to you guys who use reiserfs -- I don't, but I can see
it as valuable.  If the final 10% of work is done, then I don't see
any reason why this couldn't be mainstream for woody.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>