Re: reiserfs (was Re: merge-floppy help request)

On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 01:52:34PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> MaX in the FaX <max_linux2000@yahoo.es> writes:
> >
> > >the guy who builds the
> > > reiser version doesn't provide that?  Why not?
> >
> > .... I think because the goal, is to have only a floppy disk set, not a
> > bootable cdrom.  The problem is that the email address of the guy that
> > has provided this set, is not avaible, so i cannot communicate directly
> > whit them.

jhriv@ucsd.edu

there are no CDROM images because i don't have a cdrom burner, so i have
no way to test such an image.

http://chao.ucsd.edu/debian/boot-floppies/

> > If possible for 2.2.19 kernel version.
>
> Yes, I understand the boot-floppies could easily be changed to support
> this in the mainstream.
>
> Does anyone know of any issues which would block our providing a
> "resierfs" version?

1) reiserfs flavored kernel
or
2) reiserfs patched kernel somehwere.

if we used 2.4.x kernels which have the reiserfs ``patches'' already
integrated, this would negate both of those.

in the current CVS for woody, there is support for reiserfs. however,
the resierfs eabled code looks to see if flavor=reiserfs is passes as a
boot argument. this can be readily changed, if we somehow make another
flavor with reiserfs patches already integrated.

-john