Re: Potato install on Serial Console (i386)

On Fri, Jun 22, 2001 at 09:57:06AM -0600, Erik Andersen wrote:
> On Fri Jun 22, 2001 at 03:45:40PM +0100, Richard Hirst wrote:
> >
> > Don't have potato handy, but termtype was an issue with woody.  I've
> > added vt102 to woody b-f.  Again for woody, busybox init sets termtype
> > to vt102 for serial consoles.  You might be able to interact with your
> > boot loader and specify TERM=ansi, although I've had no joy with that
> > on hppa.
>
> FYI, I put code into bb init some time ago such that if you pass in
> TERM=foo on the kernel command line, bb init should use that instead.

Yes, I saw that.  It doesn't work on hppa (2.4.0 kernel), because
the kernel passes TERM=linux and HOME=/ as the first two envs to init,
and adding a second TERM= to the cmdline gets ingored somewhere.  My first
guess was that stacks growing upwards on hppa and downwards everywhere else
might make the processing of duplicated envs different.  Anyway, it's
not a b-f or bb issue (so far as I'm aware atm).

Richard