Re: trimming fat in busybox (was Re: Installer online help)

On Tue Jun 12, 2001 at 09:46:10PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Erik Andersen <andersen@codepoet.org> writes:
>
> > Oh, thats right.
> > I wonder if I should trim out some of the fat in the .deb then.
> > For example, the .deb contains the busybox shell (lash), which
> > is not being used...  I expect a bit of hunting could find a
> > fw others.
>
> Fat trimming sounds worthwhile to me...
>
> I'd hate to make the .deb less useful generally -- but I would love
> the space savings...

busybox 1:0.51-8, which was installed into the archive yesterday,
no longer contains lash in busybox, saving you 20k.  If you can
give me other busybox apps that are not used or useful, I'll be happy
to disable them as well.

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   email:  andersee@debian.org, andersen@lineo.com