Re: Installer online help

> We can't take on the job of *nix education within the installer, but I think
> a few k would really be a good investment for new users. I'm willing to
> scrounge a few k from other places if need be...
I like this idea.

> Let's add a new 'help' command (hard linked to man and info) that just does
>
> nano-tiny -T15 -v /help.txt
>
> command). It's around 6500 bytes uncompressed. We might be able to leave out

> The busybox commands do have a one-line response for --help already, but
> often times that one line is less than helpful - try cp, mount, and umount

FWIW busybox does have better help if you turn it on :
bb with very little help:
-rwxr-xr-x root/root    180316 2001-06-10 14:22:28 ./bin/busybox

bb with better help:
-rwxr-xr-x root/root    195804 2001-06-10 14:29:32 ./bin/busybox

That is more space than what you are proposing, but it does involve a bit of
duplication of effort and maintenance.  I don't feel strongly either way.

> chroot	make the root directory something other than / on
> 	the file system; "chroot <root-now> <new-root>"
I don't think that's right:
meow:bin$ chroot --help
Usage: chroot NEWROOT [COMMAND...]

-David