Re: boot-floppy short-term status

On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 08:15:29PM -0500, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> > i have been working on this as well, there are some important changes
> > to ybin that will matter for this.  dbootstrap will in fact need not
> > know anything about yaboot, it just needs to run yabootconfig which i
> > have written.  perhaps we should work together on this?
>
> Absolutely, although it sounds like the only thing that needs to be done
> is to call yabootconfig from dbootstrap which I'll include in my patch
> if that's okay with you. Is there anything else I can do to help? Has
> yabootconfig already been included in a package?

yabootconfig is not in the yaboot package yet, it will be as soon as
dan packages the new upstream ybin (released 24 hours ago).

we still need to do something about quik, ritual goat sacrifice is
somewhat tricky to implement in C...

for yabootconfig all we need to do is run:

yabootconfig -t /target -r /dev/<root> -b /dev/<Apple_Bootstrap>

-r and -b are optional, yabootconfig figures them out if you don't
tell it explicitly.  however since dbootstrap should already know
these answers with good certainty i think its a good idea to use these
switches.

-t is also --chroot
-r is also --root
-b is also --boot

i am going to post a few patches shortly, i don't have CVS access
atm.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/