Re: boot-floppy short-term status

On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 12:55:28PM -0500, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 01:19:56AM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> >
> > Boot-floppies 2.3.4 is tagged and building for i386.
> >
> > Please do email this list if you are building 2.3.4 for non-i386
> > architectures.
>
> I've been building and testing powerpc (and occassionally i386).
> I'd be willing to take responsibility for powerpc, but I'm not a dd.
> If anyone out there is willing to sponsor me ... oh well.
> I have a few more updates that I need to commit which should add
> basic yaboot and quik make_bootable support. I don't know when
> I'm going to get to finish testing them, so I may go ahead and commit
> them, perhaps with a warning.

i have been working on this as well, there are some important changes
to ybin that will matter for this.  dbootstrap will in fact need not
know anything about yaboot, it just needs to run yabootconfig which i
have written.  perhaps we should work together on this?

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/