Re: boot-floppy short-term status

On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 01:19:56AM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> Boot-floppies 2.3.4 is tagged and building for i386.
>
> Please do email this list if you are building 2.3.4 for non-i386
> architectures.

I've been building and testing powerpc (and occassionally i386).
I'd be willing to take responsibility for powerpc, but I'm not a dd.
If anyone out there is willing to sponsor me ... oh well.
I have a few more updates that I need to commit which should add
basic yaboot and quik make_bootable support. I don't know when
I'm going to get to finish testing them, so I may go ahead and commit
them, perhaps with a warning.

> Please do check unstable for your arch has the newest tasksel,
> base-config, and busybox -- you may have to port it for your arch.

For powerpc, busy-box is at 1.0.51-5 which is pretty close, so someone
is keeping it up. The other two are the same as i386.

Stephen

<stephen@marenka.net>