Re: boot-floppy short-term status

Stephen R Marenka <stephen@marenka.net> writes:

> I've been building and testing powerpc (and occassionally i386).
> I'd be willing to take responsibility for powerpc, but I'm not a
> dd.

I can build the powerpc thing if needed.

> If anyone out there is willing to sponsor me ... oh well.
> I have a few more updates that I need to commit which should add
> basic yaboot and quik make_bootable support. I don't know when
> I'm going to get to finish testing them, so I may go ahead and commit
> them, perhaps with a warning.

Please do.

> > Please do check unstable for your arch has the newest tasksel,
> > base-config, and busybox -- you may have to port it for your arch.
>
> For powerpc, busy-box is at 1.0.51-5 which is pretty close, so someone
> is keeping it up. The other two are the same as i386.

I will get it to be the very newest...

I wish some of the powerpc porters would do a bit of work to make sure
stuff in base needed by boot-floppies were up to date, esp. tasksel,
busybox, stuff like that.  It would save me time...

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>