Re: debian 2.3

ReiserFS works just fine on big endian systems in 2.2.  The patch
for 2.4 is also available, from what I've heard.  Because the kernel
interfaces were/are changing so rapidly in 2.4, rfs has lagged
behind a bit in the later stages of 2.3 because they don't like
redoing their work every time some kernel interface arbitrarily
changes.  Gee, I wonder why. Supposedly the 2.4 problems with rfs
are fixed by compiling with gcc3, but I don't know this for sure.