Re: debian 2.3

On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 08:20:12PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> Well, absolutely not the default, but it's a possible option.  If we
> go with grub, I think that doesn't get along with ReiserFS.  Is it
> necessary to use kernel 2.4.x if you want ReiserFS?

keep in mind that reiserfs is totally broken on big endian
archetectures (m68k, sparc, powerpc) right now.  there is work being
done and its making progress but none of it is merged upstream yet.

also sparc and powerpc bootloaders (silo, quik, and yaboot) don't grok
reiserfs, but that wouldn't be a problem so long as reiserfs root was
not allowed.

> I would really like to see how we can work in parted.  I don't know
> that that would fit though.

parted would certainly be great for powerpc, the current partitioner
(mac-fdisk) is a stinking pile of crap.

unfortunatly parted's command line interface leaves some things to be
desired (+500M trick to make a 500M partition like fdisk can).

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/