Re: debian 2.3

"Dwayne C. Litzenberger" <dlitz@dlitz.net> writes:

> On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 08:35:27PM -0600, Dwayne C. Litzenberger wrote:
> > I was just wondering, will the next Debian release (2.3?) be based on kernel
> > 2.4?

It is not currently planned, for boot-floppies 2.3.x anyhow, to move to
the 2.4 kernels.

> > If so, will the installation program support reiserfs, a parted
> > frontend, will it support reiserfs as a default install method,

Well, absolutely not the default, but it's a possible option.  If we
go with grub, I think that doesn't get along with ReiserFS.  Is it
necessary to use kernel 2.4.x if you want ReiserFS?

> > parted to split up FAT partitions,

I would really like to see how we can work in parted.  I don't know
that that would fit though.

> > and possibly a game or two to play while it installs?

No, sorry, I don't think so...

> > If not, I am willing to help making this a reality, but I need some help
> > getting started (is there a web page about the current status, goals, etc of
> > boot-floppies?)

No web page -- we use CVS source area for all this.
The todo file is a good place to go.

To check sources from CVS, see
<URL:http://cvs.debian.org/boot-floppies/README-CVS?rev=1.9&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup&only_with_tag=MAIN&cvsroot=debian-boot>

--