Re: debian 2.3

On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 08:20:12PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> "Dwayne C. Litzenberger" <dlitz@dlitz.net> writes:
> > > If so, will the installation program support reiserfs, a parted
> > > frontend, will it support reiserfs as a default install method,
>
> Well, absolutely not the default, but it's a possible option.  If we
> go with grub, I think that doesn't get along with ReiserFS.  Is it
> necessary to use kernel 2.4.x if you want ReiserFS?

GRUB groks reiserfs.. but I think a reiserfs root should be very discouraged. It's only like 100mb for me usually, it doesn't take long to fsck at all. ReiserFS has the speed where it counts.
Are ReiserFS folks keeping the 2.2 series up to date as well as 2.4?
For what it's worth, on i386, GRUB should DEFINATLY be used over lilo. It's like 20 times cooler. And all the trendy distros are doing it >;)

> > > parted to split up FAT partitions,
>
> I would really like to see how we can work in parted.  I don't know
> that that would fit though.

I've never used parted, but there was a tool i used to split up a FAT partition and install debian a while back, it was called FIPS, and worked pretty well (But I think it ran in DOS..)
Is parted good? I usually use partition magic..