Re: debian-installer: disk partitioner

Glenn McGrath <bug1@optushome.com.au> writes:

> Well i wrote some code that proccessed the partitions from data in /proc
> (posted it a few days back), it doesnt detect filesystems on the
> partitions, i was going to try and automount filesystems to workout what
> filesystem they are...
> That program is doing a similar thing to libfdisk i guess, so we wont
> need both, what i did was rough and i havent gotten any feedback yet, so
> who knows.

Well, it would be possible to use this in boot-floppies and get rid of
libfdisk, which I'm sure would make life a lot easier for mips
porters and such.

But we'd have to replicate the API that libfdisk offers, or at least
make sure equivalent functions are implemented, I guess.  Sounds like
a lot of work for nominal payback, at least as far as bf goes.