Re: install non-core udebs to /usr/local

On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 11:19:35AM +1100, Glenn McGrath wrote:
> Well, if we need more than 4MB of space in /usr then it will mean that
> we can only install to machines with more than 8MB, which effictively
> means you need 16MB to install debian.

Why would we need more than 4MB of space? The existing installer fits in
1MB; and if you're doing an install on a low memory machine, you're probably
not going to be too worried about not getting a graphical installer, or a
3D tetris game to play, or whatever. No?

If you've got a CD, and you can use a small, live, ro fs on it, then
you've probably got enough room to include enough udebs already unpacked
that you don't need to install anymore.

Cheers,
aj

     ``Thanks to all avid pokers out there''