Re: AdvanSys SCSI timeout on 1st kernel boot

Marc Mongenet <Marc.Mongenet@freesurf.ch> writes:

> Hello, I am trying to install Debian 2.2r2 from scratch (bootable CDROM
> or floppies) but the 2.2.18pre21 kernel is (most of the time ~95%) not
> able to recognize my SCSI drives. Here is the interesting part of the
> kernel log (booting with Rescue compact floppy) :

>       scsi0: Advansys SCSI 3.2M: PCI Ultra 240 CDB: IO D400/F, IRQ 10
>       scsi : 1 host.
>       scsi : aborting command due to timeout : pid 0, scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0 0x00 00 00 00 00 00

It's saying it's getting a SCSI timeout trying to talk to the device
at SCSI ID #0.

This is a pure kernel issue. Assuming it's not a hardware/scsi cable
problem, I would recommend looking into what
boot arguments are accepted by the program.

If there's a problem with that kernel, please file a bug against
the package kernel-image-2.2.18pre21-compact .