Re: bf-utf - do I need it? where does it come from?

On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 07:18:52PM +0000, Wookey wrote:
> On Wed 22 Nov, Marcin Owsiany wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 05:36:12PM +0000, Wookey wrote:
> > > But I don't have a utilities/bf-utf dir in any of the various sources of
> > > bootfloppies I have....
>
> > bf-utf is a module in CVS that contains patched libraries and
> > some fonts needed to compile dbootstrap with LANGUAGE_CHOOSER.
>
> OK, I realised it was a different module from the CVS auto-posts to this list
> (after I posted)

It was in a different module (named bf-utf) _before_ (that's
what i called 'old place'). Then it was copied to
utilities/bf-utf, but your checkout didn't get that I guess.

> Did I need the bf-utf module to compile bf irrespective of
> whether it was in the old or new spot?

If you have recent boot-floppies tree, you don't need any
additional modules.

> My top-level config has
> USE_LANGUAGE_CHOOSER := false
>
> Does that mean something is broken? It sounds like it.

In that case, if you did just a typical 'make build' or 'make
release' in top-level directory _and_ if you happen not to have
done cvs update properly, then this means something is slighly
broken. (but cvs update -dPR should be a workaround)

> thanx for the quick reply.

Sorry it was a bit wrong :-\

--
+--------------------------------+ The reason we come up with new versions