Re: bf-utf - do I need it? where does it come from?

On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 05:36:12PM +0000, Wookey wrote:
> Trying to compile boot-floppies for arm it compiles dbootstrap OK but then
> tried to cd to ../bf-utf/newt adn run ./configure.
>
> But I don't have a utilities/bf-utf dir in any of the various sources of
> bootfloppies I have. Do I need this in order to compile bf?
> cvs checkout boot-floppies didn't get it. Should it have done?
> Do I need to specify this explicitly? Should I be setting some rune to ignore
> this stuff (I believe it is unicode support?)
>
> I don't understand what's going on here and cant find anything in the docs to
> tell me. Can someone please explain?

bf-utf is a module in CVS that contains patched libraries and
some fonts needed to compile dbootstrap with LANGUAGE_CHOOSER.
It was recently moved to utilities directory, and I thought I
have made changes to all things that used bf-utf in old place.
Anyway, I also think that that ./configure step is done only
when USE_LANGUAGE_CHOOSER is set in top level config.

I'll investigate this further in a minute. You might want to
cvs update the boot-floppies tree in the meantime (unless you
use boot-floppies package)

Marcin

--
+--------------------------------+ The reason we come up with new versions