Re: bf-utf - do I need it? where does it come from?

On Wed 22 Nov, Marcin Owsiany wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 05:36:12PM +0000, Wookey wrote:
> > Trying to compile boot-floppies for arm it compiles dbootstrap OK but
> > then tried to cd to ../bf-utf/newt adn run ./configure.

> > But I don't have a utilities/bf-utf dir in any of the various sources of
> > bootfloppies I have....

> bf-utf is a module in CVS that contains patched libraries and
> some fonts needed to compile dbootstrap with LANGUAGE_CHOOSER.

OK, I realised it was a different module from the CVS auto-posts to this list
(after I posted)

> It was recently moved to utilities directory, and I thought I
> have made changes to all things that used bf-utf in old place.

What was the 'old place'? Did I need the bf-utf module to compile bf
irrespective of whether it was in the old or new spot?

> Anyway, I also think that that ./configure step is done only
> when USE_LANGUAGE_CHOOSER is set in top level config.

My top-level config has

Does that mean something is broken? It sounds like it.

> I'll investigate this further in a minute. You might want to
> cvs update the boot-floppies tree in the meantime (unless you
> use boot-floppies package)

OK, it's churning through that now. I'll see if works tomorrow.

thanx for the quick reply.

Aleph One Ltd, Bottisham, CAMBRIDGE, CB5 9BA, UK  Tel (00 44) 1223 811679