Re: bf-utf - do I need it? where does it come from?

On Wed 22 Nov, Marcin Owsiany wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 05:36:12PM +0000, Wookey wrote:
> > Trying to compile boot-floppies for arm it compiles dbootstrap OK but
> > then tried to cd to ../bf-utf/newt adn run ./configure.

> > But I don't have a utilities/bf-utf dir in any of the various sources of
> > bootfloppies I have....

> bf-utf is a module in CVS that contains patched libraries and
> some fonts needed to compile dbootstrap with LANGUAGE_CHOOSER.

OK, I realised it was a different module from the CVS auto-posts to this list
(after I posted)

> It was recently moved to utilities directory, and I thought I
> have made changes to all things that used bf-utf in old place.

What was the 'old place'? Did I need the bf-utf module to compile bf
irrespective of whether it was in the old or new spot?

> Anyway, I also think that that ./configure step is done only
> when USE_LANGUAGE_CHOOSER is set in top level config.

My top-level config has
USE_LANGUAGE_CHOOSER := false

Does that mean something is broken? It sounds like it.

> I'll investigate this further in a minute. You might want to
> cvs update the boot-floppies tree in the meantime (unless you
> use boot-floppies package)

OK, it's churning through that now. I'll see if works tomorrow.

thanx for the quick reply.

Wookey
--
Aleph One Ltd, Bottisham, CAMBRIDGE, CB5 9BA, UK  Tel (00 44) 1223 811679