Re: Two new goals?

On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 05:40:28PM -0700, Joey Hess wrote:

> When designing a new character mode GUI, there are some simple things
> you can do to make it at least usable to a blind user with a screen
> reader like always keeping the cursor on the line of the screen they
> should read. I've had some feedback fron blind uders about various GUI's
> I've written and it's not too hard to meet those needs.

Good. Something that would be nice to have though: An blind person who can
give us some input how the installer works for him (on this list...)
Not sure if that is possible but we could try asking on -user. Problem
is that I don't expect blind people to keep up with the traffic in that
list :(

> I also really like the fact that with debconf we can make available a
> frontend that doesn't use any facy gui stuff, but just plain text on the
> screen (like debconf's text frontend). Although I'm not an expect of
> UI's for the blind, this seems to me to be the best solution, it's
> easily read with a screen reader.

ACK

cu
	Torsten