Re: zen and debconf

In riva.lists.debian.boot, you wrote:

>Im more thinking that we (the installer team) will need this flexibility
>rather than packagers, doing special things like partitioning will be
>difficult with the default debconf layout, not everything needs html,
>but it could make debconf more useful without writting customised
>graphics routines.

What is the scope of debconf? I thought it was just for packages. Is
system configuration and host identification going to have to be shoehorned
into it, or is it that debconf is just a clever mechanism for asking
questions in a pretty UI and doing something useful with the answers
(inserting them into the package configuration scripts)?

Mk