Re: [debian-installer] microdpkg

Randolph Chung wrote:
> It's really still very incomplete. It "supports deps" right now only in the
> sense that it will check dependencies against installed/to-be-installed-with-
> same-command packages. it doesn't do any of the ordering stuff yet,
> although the hooks are there. Dependency checking can be turned off
> completely at compile time as well.

This is probably more than sufficient as far as using it to install
packages into the installer itself goes. I don't think we should ever
need to install more than one package at a time, and if only one at a
time is installed, your behavior is correct. I also don't anticipate
this ordering issue being a big deal with the way the installer will use
packages.

So if you do write full ordering, you may want to make it an ifdef just
like dependency checking is.

--
see shy jo