Re: [PROBLEM] in 2.2.15 busybox tar

Quoting Randolph Chung <tausq@debian.org>:
> Erik, can you give us some ideas of how you have tested the new busybox? I
> know there were some discussions earlier about putting together regression
> tests and such. I think it's worth incorporating your fixes into bf, but
> maybe some people will feel more comfortable if they have some extra
> assurances that it will not cause new things to break.

Agreed.  The best I can offer here is the results of the very incomplete test
suite, and the fact that I am using the latest version of BusyBox in my
own systems here at work.  Most of the core apps have not had much done
to them, and they are getting a fair ammount of external testing from folks
that use BusyBox as well.

I think the best thing to do here is pick and choose the bugs that folks
want fixed for the boot floppies (looking over the latest changelog will
help here), and then back port fixes from the latest and greatest.

 -Erik

--
Erik B. Andersen   Web:    http://www.xmission.com/~andersen/
                   email:  andersee@debian.org