Re: [PROBLEM] in 2.2.15 busybox tar

Erik Andersen <andersen@xmission.com> writes:

> This (and other problems) were what caused me to completely
> rewrite BusyBox tar for the BusyBox 0.43 release.  This rewrite
> (along with many other bug fixes) is not in the boot floppies.
> I stopped updating the boot floppies busybox tree some time ago
> to avoid the potential instability caused by active development.

Yes -- don't just say "potential", since probably your conservatism
here is justly caused by the horrible problems were were having
throughout Q4 1999 based on busybox problems.

> In the past, when I have asked about integrating the fixes and
> such from the newer BusyBoxen, I have either been ignored, or
> it has been decided to not integrate the newer stuff, except for a
> few critical bugs.

I don't know about ignored, but I know that you and I have talked, on
IRC and in email, and you didn't see that the new versions were (a)
tested enough, or (b) fixed critical enough problems to merit
inclusion in potato boot-floppies.

For woody as I understand it busybox will be it's own package and
removed from bf.

> I am pretty close to making the BusyBox 0.44 release at the moment.

Well, that's nice, but I wonder what sort of testing it's had?