Re: debian boot floppies almost ready ...

On Sat, May 27, 2000 at 02:51:20PM +0200, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> Hi Sven,
> On Wed, May 24, 2000 at 06:57:16PM +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:
> > The funny thing, is that you can discover this problem even without touching
> > the harddisk.
> >
> > You changethe type, and after that use p to vision it, and the partition will
> > not have changed in the -bf version, but yes in the normal one. after you
> > forget anything with just q.
> I just checked with a new boot-floppies build. You are right, I can not
> change the partition type, this is bad. What do we do now?

Well, we debug the code, i think it is an entry problem only, please have a
look at the code, i will not be able to look at it until monday and am trully
really busy.

it's just a scanf to a buffer then a strcpy of the buffer that is sent back. I
did it in a hurry, but it should be easy to fix i think ...

maybe we could contact the upstream author also about this, he told me he will
integrate my patch some time ago

i just don't have the time for it right now (real life having come back for
me, ...) but if monday evening it is not solved, i will look into it.

(btw, i have big problems unpacking the rescue disk, need help in this,
because i don't know what to do)

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER