Re: 2.2.12 bf on athlon 600

Othmar,

> * pcmcia with the 2.2.15 kernel seems to have some dependency
>   issues: when i reboot the system i get loads of unresolved
>   dependencies but solely with pcmcia stuff.

which flavor did you try?

> * speaking of modules: after i install the drivers and want to
>   configure, say, the eepro 10/100 i get a installation failed
>   because there is no modules.conf in /target/etc/. after copying
>   this file from /etc to /target/etc everything works fine.

errr. does the eepro module get written to /target/etc/modules ?

> * my athlon came with 128mb ram but all the kernel is detecting
>   is 64 mb. so this kinda sucks, because it means you have to
>   alter your lilo.conf manually to get it working. well i don't
>   know if this is much programming effort to detect the actual
>   amount of ram and alter the lilo.conf accordingly but it should
>   be mentioned in the docs that you have to edit your lilo.conf
>   file.

er, RTFM ;-) you can't "detect" amount of RAM really, if you have an older
bios (most modern bios don't require params) I'm not sure what we can do
except say that people should read the lilo docs (which BF already tells you
to do.)

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>