2.2.12 bf on athlon 600
i had the chance to install debian on an athlon 600 and had some
problems with it. some major, and some minor problems:
* as i wrote in another mail with the bf for alpha from dhd, the
refereshing rate when fetching base over the lan is way too
frequent, i.e. you can't see at what speed you are acutally
* pcmcia with the 2.2.15 kernel seems to have some dependency
issues: when i reboot the system i get loads of unresolved
dependencies but solely with pcmcia stuff.
* speaking of modules: after i install the drivers and want to
configure, say, the eepro 10/100 i get a installation failed
because there is no modules.conf in /target/etc/. after copying
this file from /etc to /target/etc everything works fine.
* when i create a user and i enter the password twice differently
i start from the beginning (i.e. entering a username) and doing
the whole stuff again. but the problem is that i don't know
_why_ i got back to the beginning, i.e. i can't see a window
pop up which tells me that i didn't enter the password correctly.
* my athlon came with 128mb ram but all the kernel is detecting
is 64 mb. so this kinda sucks, because it means you have to
alter your lilo.conf manually to get it working. well i don't
know if this is much programming effort to detect the actual
amount of ram and alter the lilo.conf accordingly but it should
be mentioned in the docs that you have to edit your lilo.conf
that's all :).