Re: m68k boot-floppies

On Fri, Mar 24, 2000 at 08:04:02PM +0100, Michael Schmitz wrote:

> Nah, I'll cook up some numbers. 512 k would be plenty (strictly 400k for
> 1028x768 at 4bpp on Falcon. Less than 200k for TT). I've so far used 1024
> but that's overkill. And it takes another chunk out of the RAM so 6 MB are
> probably going to be the minimum requirement.
Ill see if I can find the place where to put that.

> Glad you made me go over these numbers again - on the 'low RAM' topic:
> please do me a favor and kick the lowmem stuff for Atari out of the
> makefile. The slink lowmem stuff never worked as people expected it to
> work (wrong fdisk in lowmemrd.bin), wasn't documented properly and
> confused people. It hasn't been worked on, can't be supported properly so
> it has to go.
Fine with me. lowmematari.bin and lowmemrd.bin were built, but release.sh uses
only lowmemrd?
cts@aahz:/build/boot-floppies>grep lowmem release.sh
  cp lowmemrd.bin $release/atari/debian/
  cp lowmemrd.bin $release/amiga/debian/

And the next problem... using debian/rules to build, base and bin files are
all created, my only change to the Makefile was:
#       $(MAKE) resc720atari.bin
Q: when I kick out resc729atari, is drv72atari-1.bin needed?

But there is a problem with release.sh:
cp: drv1440atari.bin: No such file or directory
E: ./release.sh abort

Problem is from here (release.sh):
  cp resc1440atari.bin $release/atari/debian/resc1440.bin
  cp drv1440atari.bin $release/atari/debian/drv1440.bin

But the bin files I have are called:
drv14amiga-1.bin
drv14atari-1.bin
drv14bvme6000-1.bin
drv14mac-1.bin
drv14mvme16x-1.bin
drv72atari-1.bin
resc1440amiga.bin
resc1440atari.bin
resc1440bvme6000.bin
resc1440mac.bin
resc1440mvme16x.bin
resc2880bvme6000.bin
root1440amiga.bin
root1440atari.bin
root1440bvme6000.bin
root1440mac.bin
root1440mvme16x.bin
rootamiga.bin
rootatari.bin
rootbvme6000.bin
rootmac.bin
rootmvme16x.bin

The names for the driver images have changed, resc and root seem to be ok...
Nick? Thanks for fixing this :-)

Christian