RE: m68k boot-floppies

> On Thu, Mar 23, 2000 at 11:21:26PM -0000, Nick Holgate wrote:
> > > Change libcver from 2.1.2 to 2.1.3 in the case statement at the top of
> > > rootdisk.sh. (in fact we should possibly do away with the
> > > arch-specific libcver since all architectures are using glibc 2.1 now)
> > >
> > > And, yes, you do need both of those, or network installs won't work.
> >
> > Fixed in CVS.
> Hmm, I need to do it again then? Ok, I got one more:

Also just fixed in CVS:
  basedisks/PACKAGES_m68k - Added libstdc++2.10-glibc2.1 (needed by apt)
  basedisks.sh            - added creation of missing sdc and sdd
                             devices (bug in MAKEDEV)

> I have everything except the base for amiga and *vme at
> www.debian.org/~cts/boot-floppies/2.2.10 (built with 2.2.10 kernels).
> The base.tgz (built with 2.0.36, does it matter?) is one dir up.
> Trying right now to build debs or whatever comes out of the rules file for
> 2.0.36 (amiga, atari, mac) and 2.2.10 (amiga, bvme, mvme) but it
> seems I have
> to do it again with fixed network install.

Be careful if you are building the utilities for mixed kernel versions
without doing a make clean in between. The libfdisk is hard conditionalised
with #ifdef OLDKERNEL which is defined by the Makefile if the kernel version
is 2.0. the library won't get rebuilt if you change kernel versions.

Nick
Nick Holgate <holgate@debian.org>
PGP key from public servers : Key ID DF3E8223