Re: m68k boot-floppies

On Thu, Mar 23, 2000 at 11:21:26PM -0000, Nick Holgate wrote:
> > Change libcver from 2.1.2 to 2.1.3 in the case statement at the top of
> > rootdisk.sh. (in fact we should possibly do away with the
> > arch-specific libcver since all architectures are using glibc 2.1 now)
> >
> > And, yes, you do need both of those, or network installs won't work.
>
> Fixed in CVS.
Hmm, I need to do it again then? Ok, I got one more:

Trying to change as little as possible, I am using the 2.2.10 images for
amiga and bvme. No mac or atari 2.2.10 images here, so I comment those out
in the makefile.
pmac-fdisk-cross is on my local mirror. Amiga root, resc and driver floppies
build fine.

But:
[...]
I: mounting new disk image at /var/tmp/boot-floppies/mnt.rescue
I: installing kernel 'linuxbvme6000'
I: copying root filesystem (rootbvme6000.bin) into filesystem
I: copying help messages
I: installing boot loader
./rescue.sh: vmelilo: command not found
E: ./rescue.sh abort
make[1]: *** [resc2880bvme6000.bin] Error 127

Seems I need to have vmelilo installed, this should be listed as a
dependency. bvme root, rescue and drv bin files are built fine then.

I have everything except the base for amiga and *vme at
www.debian.org/~cts/boot-floppies/2.2.10 (built with 2.2.10 kernels).
The base.tgz (built with 2.0.36, does it matter?) is one dir up.
Trying right now to build debs or whatever comes out of the rules file for
2.0.36 (amiga, atari, mac) and 2.2.10 (amiga, bvme, mvme) but it seems I have
to do it again with fixed network install.

Michael: amiga modules and kernel images are there, if thats what you need.

Christian