Re: PPP configuration, was Re: Uploaded boot-floppies 2.2.6 (source all) to master

The auto-detect is overly aggressive from what I've seen.  I have a network
card, but did not load any drivers for it.  The card is not connected to
anything.  I still get the LAN configuration routine--that is, I don't get
the chance to do a dial-up configuration.  I've seen this problem both in
2.2.6, when I was able to load the ppp driver, and 2.2.7, when I couldn't.
See bug 59256.  Obviously my setup is a bit unusual.  Furthermore, my modem
is at an unusual IRQ, so the system has trouble finding it til I give the
appropriate command (which I can't remember right now).