Re: no window manager, no x-terminal, after installing task-gnome

On Sat, Mar 04, 2000 at 10:19:37AM -0800, Eric Hanchrow wrote:
>     Branden> twm uses the Debian menu system.  From the twm main menu
>     Branden> (left mouse button on the root window), try
>     Branden> "Debian->Xshells" and then whichever installed terminal
>     Branden> emulator you want.
>
> That doesn't work -- the menu lists only
>
>         Iconify
>         Resize
>         Move
>         Raise
>         Lower
>
>         Focus
>         Unfocus
>         Show Iconmgr
>         Hide Iconmgr
>
>         Kill
>
>         Restart
>         Exit

Then you are not using the defaul tsystem.twmrc that ships with the twm
package (or you have a very old version of the package).

Please try twm 3.3.6-1 or later.

--
G. Branden Robinson            |    "Why do we have to hide from the police,
Debian GNU/Linux               |    Daddy?"