PPP configuration, was Re: Uploaded boot-floppies 2.2.6 (source all) to master

Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> It asks if you're on a LAN; ppp users in that dialog box are
> instructed to say "no".  I believe this prompt appears after it asks
> for hostname.

I have replaced this dialog with an automatic network interface detection
(from /proc/net/dev) in 2.2.7. If there is an eth0/tr0/arc0 interface
netconfig assumes that you want are connected to a LAN, if there is no
interface at all it asks you to load the appropriate modules first (or
just configure the loopback interface).

So if you want to use PPP you have to load the ppp module first. Maybe an
option to select PPP if no interface was found should be added. What should
be done in this case? Set "PPP=1" in /root/dbootstrap_settings?

--
Stefan Gybas