Bootdisks: function request...

would it be impossible to add GNU parted to some of the bootdisks?
or make a disk of its own for it?

saturday i tried installing Debian to my Workstation at work, and i didn't have any tool like PQmagic available, so i couldn't install it...

so i'm asking if it would be possible, to even consider to make a disk or include some tool like parted (possibly with a frontend to the bootdisks.

i think it would be nice to be 'the first Linux dist which doesn't need a pre-prepared partition' that we could just resize the partitions on the fly?

(i'm not subscribed to debian-boot so CC me...)
--
get a life, get the second one free...