Re: 2.2.7 slop build (feb11) install report

> Dink: Weird kernel stuff -- just before the prompt to insert the ramdisk
>       floppy and just after it loads the tulip driver for this box's card,
>       I see 8 copies of a message about via-rhine.c being copyright by
>       Donald Becker. Not really our problem, probably, and nothing new.

This is indeed a kernel thing. I have a via-rhine driver on one of my boxes
and it always shows the copyright message 8 times.

> Dink: I try to download the base system, and the Ok button cannot be
>       pressed. Aha! It's because I didn't put a http:// in front of my URL.
>       That is very nonintuitive. If it does url checking on the fly, it
>       should pop up a dialog if you hit ok and the url is bad. I've seen
>       this bite someone else in a install report.

I also have a tendency to attach base2_2.tgz to the end of the url... but
that makes it fail..

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>