Re: 2.2.5 upload expected with 48 hours

Matt Porter <mmporter@home.com> writes:
> What are your feelings on coordinating multi-arch releases at this point?
> I think we are close, but not quite there yet.

My position is that I give porters full blessing to commmit and burn
new versions for their arches at any point.  That is, it doesn't have
to be *my* signature on the changelog line, by any means!

> I'm just about ready to tag another powerpc build of boot-floppies
> as some version (probably after your 2.2.5 release).  Shall I
> release with any ppc changes as 2.2.5.1 or bump to 2.2.6?

2.2.6 is fine.  the only reason to use a 4-level version numbering
scheme would be if we literally had a CVS branch created, in which
case it's interesting to know what version the branch is based on.