Re: Acronyms explained

On Sat, Jan 22, 2000 at 02:01:26AM -0600, Chris Lawrence wrote:
> On Jan 22, Tapio Lehtonen wrote:
> > CTTE
> >
> > So let's work on them.  r3 is one, CTTE should be the next, -policy
> > then, boot-floppies is another, -cd another, QA as well.
>
> Technical committee, perhaps?  It doesn't seem to be a common usage,
> though (I haven't heard a word about the tech committee since the
> usr/doc -> usr/share/doc debacle).

This is a *good* thing.

Essentially, the technical committee only steps in when we have a nasty
mess with no clear solution.  Which basically means we made a mistake,
and it's too late to do the right thing.

There was some talk about a QA committee, but until then "committee"
only referred to the technical committee.

--
Raul